Thursday, January 27, 2011

WACOM IS NOT THE ONLY CHOICE FOR A TABLET TO PROCESS PHOTOS WITH.....

Vistablet VT 12W, from my research this is their original tablet and there are other and more expensive models to choose from.....

I AM NOT A MAC USER AND SOMETIMES I FORGET TO INCLUDE INFO FOR MAC USERS...THIS IS COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE WITH MAC OSX OR LATER......

An inexpensive tablet: 12.1" widescreen / w 10x6.25 active area........I could not get my wacom tablet (graphire) to play nice with my Dell Studio 17 with Win 7 ultimate / 64bit...not even in XP mode..so it has been sitting and I have been really struggling with PHOTO processing....as my ability to do precise work with trackball is terrible and even worse with a mouse.....new wacoms are just a tad pricey and no one carries anything but the lowest end bamboo series...so that means ordering paying shipping and then if not liked returning on ones own dime (or $15 or so)...so looking thru Ebay for something like a wacom 3 used I ran across this Vistablet with a 2 yr warranty & offices in Cali........Ok I was wanting something larger than my previous 4x6 active area on the Graphire and this was larger and only $79+s/h (~$13) {THIS WAS THE EBAY PRICE..OF THE VISTABLET WEBSITE IT IS $131.99} .......so far it is interesting...I am finding the whole tablet active not just the outlines work area, it seems to be active corner to corner on the grey area, which is great so far...the pen runs off a AAA batt and the tablet activates with pen a little over an inch off of it......I need to load the software and then re-start computer.......they even offer a full trade in value when you are ready to upgrade...so with warranty of 2yrs and full value trade in for upgrade....it is already sounding better than Wacom, they have a ways to go to get the confidence of the world that Wacom has but they could possibly grab a good portion of the market......next few days are very busy but then I plan on getting to use this before the weekend is over...and I will come back with more on how it worked for me.....

I have not gotten into the programming of the Macro Keys as my Wacom Graphire does not have them.....so my use has been as a large "basic" tablet..and it seems to respond very well...it is odd having the pen activate while still approx 1/2' off the tablet but it does a very good job and when it comes to doing my signature with the pen...well it has not made my signature look any better and I was hoping a new tablet would be the cure.......Just Kidding....there is no cure for my handwriting.... :~}}

Any way Vistablet VT 12W tablet is way better than my Graphire was as I now know I truly needed more work-space and it feels much better and natural using this tablet.........for $79=$13 s/h{THIS WAS THE EBAY PRICE..OF THE VISTABLET WEBSITE IT IS $131.99)

I am satisfied..especially since I can upgrade and get a full purchase price trade in value in the future....and also there is a 2yr warranty...... Hope this help people looking for a tablet and just feel the wacoms are too expensive.

No comments: