Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Why I quit offering International shipping when selling on EBAY.....

Over the last 11 years of using Ebay for buying and selling, I always offered world wide shipping any that PayPal was available and to any confirmed PayPal address.....but no longer and here is why.....and I know it seems like an insult to possible International Buyers and for that I am sorry.
In the past I would sell and item to someone in Germany or the Ukraine and off it would go......then I had to fill out a little green form, single page....4 or 5 questions...no problem there was a space I could even put it was of no commercial value...so that customs new it was a used item and I was not a retail business selling for profit.......now I have to fill out a form that is nearly impossible to understand the terminology and when I call the USPS number for help it seems they do not know what is supposed to go on certain lines...and because of this if I make a mistake on the form the item could get held up in customs or worse sent back to me or even worse cost the buyer to have to pay some sort of import tax.......I do not understand why our govt keeps wanting to make stuff more and more complicated for the little person....it really is a pain in the rear end......any way that is why I no longer offer worldwide International shipping on my eBay auctions.....

No comments: