Friday, August 5, 2011

Quantum Cable MKZ9 - review....rant

I have been using Quantum batteries and cables for most of my 30+ yrs of doing photography.....i have used the batteries and cables for Sunpak 522's, 622's, 622 super Pro's, Minolta flashes and Nikon flashes....but the cable the cable for the new Nikon SB900 is junk....or at least the one I have is junk.....flimsy made....without 2 rubber bands and a small stack of washers to press the thing down it looses contact...it has no real locking mechanism like the MKZ3 cable that has twist locking mechanism inside the dummy battery...you pressed down and turn the lock and it stayed......with the MKZ9 you have exposed wires that will in a short while wear thru and possible short out......This is the worst made piece of PRO photo equipment I have ever had my hands on....I emailed Quantum and pretty all they had to say was so sorry your are displeased maybe you should consider moving over to the turbo line which the cable connects to the front of the SB900 instead of thru the battery compartment......my answer was...I will sell off my Quantum Equipment and buy from China...for less than the cost of 2 MKZ9 cables I can get......complete battery, charger and cable to connect to the front port of the SB900.......normally I do not like spending money overseas with our bad economy, but a so sorry email from you and I will not do business with you any longer and I will sell all of your products that I am using currently...and Chinese products have been climbing in quality for a while now.......so it looks lie it will be good bye to usa made Quantum...........

No comments: