Monday, August 8, 2011

Forgot how much fun FILM can be......

Dug out my Nikon F70.....yes I said F70...that was the European model of the USA's N70....it had a nice quartz date / time on the back and a switch to shoot panorama shots......was not my bag back in the day...but I got one great deal on the camera when I purchased it.......
Well today i inserted 2 new CR123A batteries and locked my Sigma 50-500 on it...turned it on and half pressed the shutter button and ............. well the speed with which it grabbed focus was unreal...my D300 is no where as fast to grab focus with that lens.....the film has been in the camera for many years so who knows what it will turn out like but...it was just amazing at how blazing fast it focused......I will be getting a roll or 2 of Fuji 100 or even 50 iso print film as soon as I get to a real camera store and have a go at shooting film again......unfortunately my only real option is to use my AIS manual focus lenses for now if I want any real control over shutter speed or aperture...so that blazing fast focus won't be happening with the AIS lenses as they are manual focus but sharp as freshly slivered glass......so let the fun begin...again.

No comments: