Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TRIPOD STABILITY

I use a Giottos Tripod that has a removable / repositionable  center column.....so I need extra stability to keep the cam from shaking during exposures when I have the center column in a weird angle.....

I get that extra stability from a grocery bag.....before I go any farther...You can carry expensive "sandbags" to fill with sand, dirt , rocks or whatever to get more weight to stabilize the tripod and center column......but why spend $15 - $50 for a specialty item When at your local Walmart or Grocery Store yu can get a "green" recyclable reusable grocery bag for the huge price of 99¢ to $1.99......that is all you need and they fold up very small also and do not weigh hardly anything and are machine washable (at least all that I have had are)........I started useing them by accident.....I was out shooting flowers and got my center column in about a 45° angle......and needed a bit more stability due to the wind.......looking in my car there was the grocery bag....it has loop handles....what the hey......it worked....it was dirt cheap and it serves multi purposes.....groceries and photography.

Have a great week / weekend.......Keep Shooting.......................

No comments: