Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Built in Light meter......not in the cam but inside of me

I just noticed a funny....no not funny but very cool thing about my shooting.....since getting the Nikon D300's and a Sigma Bigma (50-500mm) lens and the persistent shooting of wildlife in Manual mode.......that is totally manual man..............I have been able to damn near just look at where a deer or duck or egret is setting and go let me see I am always at either f11 or f8 and the shutter needs to be........at 1/125 and I am normally with in less than 1/2 of a stop off.....pic will either be a touch under or over exposed but still very usable.......not is the time to widen that and get away from the city lakes to open fields and see if I can get my internal lightmeter working on top of all situations I get into outdoors........................
This was my own explanation to myself of how i was able all those years ago, when shooting concerts I was able to walk in and take a look at the lighting as the lighting engineers were running tests on the different combos and i was able to pick a shutter speed and an aperture and get an over 80% good keeper shots...........

No comments: