Saturday, April 14, 2012

Macro Abstracts & Multiple Exposure feature = Lots of fun

For a couple of days I have been playing with my Nikkor 105f4 macro AIS (micro in Nikon Speak) with the PN-11 tube....this gives me a 1:1 or lifesize magnification at approx 7 inches.
Now with the lens being a 105 I cannot shoot the whole flower, if that is my subject, but instead a portion of it and that portion is a lifesize or 1:1 magnification shot.
I do not have any images to show yet but I am getting closer to having some keepers...oh yeah I have also combined the Multiple Exposure on my Nikon to help with this process...so none of the images have made it out of camera yet....but I feel I am getting closer.

For anyone wonder what a Nikkor (Nikon) AIS lens is ... it is a manual focus lens that works superbly on the Nikon Digital family of camera's.... I do not mind manual focus lenses especially for this type of work as I can have the focus anywhere in the frame that I want...yes it is slower but I do not have to move the focus point around and the bokeh from these lenses is fantastic....
Have a wonderful Saturday.

No comments: