Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Aperture Ring, Depth of Field Scale and New Lenses

I have been wonder why aperture rings have been removed from the newer lenses...I mean really people....I used Hyper Focal Distance a lot when shooting outdoors, for wildlife and especially land/cityscapes....which you cannot do without an Aperture Ring and Depth of Field Scale....I know a lot of you have no idea what Hyper Focal Distance is or even the Depth of field Scale is...so i will do a post on that later...but every photographer worth any amount of salt needs the aperture ring and depth of field scale... I know it seems like being able to change the aperture wit hthe turn of a wheel is great... ... ... and it is..but being able to turn an aperure ring to get to hyper focal distance is even greater... 

Photography is about control, control of the light and focus and all the other elements it take to create your perfect image and with out an aperture ring you do not have that control.

No comments: