Friday, October 23, 2009

GARY FONG STYLE DIFFUSERS

I really do not know how the Gary Fong style of diffusers have gotten so popular.....they really are:

1- very ugly...looks like a tupperware bowl attached to your flash

2- is heavy and will cause stress on the flash head over time

3- are made flash model specific....so if you have say an arsenal of flashes...lets say Nikon SB600, 800 and 900 and a Vivatar 285HV.....then it would take 4 gary fong styled diffusers to be able to have one to use on each flash......With a LumiQuest Soft box or a Bounce diffuser....one will fit all the flashes due to the way the difuser attaches to the flash head......by a velcro strap....and zI have never had one come loose in the many decades of using the original LumiQuest Softbox.

4-take up lot of room in a cam bag.....a least all of the LumiQuest line folds flat and take up vey little room, I actually slide mine between the padded cam bag wall and the outer shell.....so I do not loose any actual cam bag real Estate..............


I like the LumiQuest brand as they are well made and not really expensive.....a lot of people swear by the DO IT YOURSELF diffusers but I do not want a client questioning my abilities because they recognize a piece of equiptment as HOMEMADE.........just my 'umble opinon.

No comments: